Hi everyone,
Matt's dad's memorial service is Saturday at 4pm.
St. David of Wales Episcopal Church
623 Ector St.
Denton, TX 76201
We will have a reception following in the Parish Hall.
If you click on the title, above, it should take you to a map.
For those who have asked about helping with food, I've asked for 4 six foot tables to be set up, which may be more than necessary. There will also be tables set up at which people can sit. We're estimating 50-70 people, but we really have no idea. There are table cloths there & we will have access to the kitchen beginning at about 2pm.
As far as food, I don't want to bother with too many beverage choices. I suspect coffee, water & maybe iced tea will be sufficient. Being that it will be late in the day, I guess we should have finger sandwiches. Other than that, the typical veggie, fruit, cheese, cookie type trays should suffice. Many of the folks in attendance will be senior citizens & probably won't eat a whole lot.
I haven't been able to get a good estimate of family members that will be attending. At this point I don't think a separate family meal will be necessary. The only thing I have thought of is that a pot of soup of some kind might be nice to go with the finger sandwiches & things that will already be there. Since we have kitchen access, it should be easy to keep some soup warm.
I'm sure I haven't thought of everything. (Like a centerpiece - I'm sure we'll come up with something.) Let me know what else I should find out or call the office at St. David's at 940-387-2622 & speak to Holly. My phone is 214-543-1143.
We really appreciate your help & thank God that we have such a supportive group of people to lean on. Hopefully we won't be having any more memorials or funerals for quite awhile now!
In His Love,
Pam
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment