Nice big group in class today. Thanks to all who came. And thanks to Lou Costello for leading us into our new series, "The Christian Atheist". It sure seems like it will be a great study. I like the subtitle, "Believing in God, but Living as if He Doesn't Exist". (Sure took the confusion out of the main title for me.)
Next Sunday (11/14) will be our Thanksgiving Feast. If you have not volunteered to bring food for the feast (and you'd still like to), please call Kaye Snadridge and see what's needed. And any guys who can come early to help set up the tables will get an extra ice cube in their beverage. (I know, I know; you can thank me later.)
We will have class November 21, and due to the cricket sounds when I asked if anyone would like to teach, I'll be teaching. HOWEVER, this is a great opportunity to dust off those doubts about volunteering to teach the class. I will leave a teaching schedule to the right of this thing, and if you would be so kind, let me know when you would like to teach...because you know you would.
ALSO, if you have, or know of, an old bed and couch that can be donated, Harry Bubeck's sister is in need of them. Her husband died and left her with nothing. Harry moved her here from California, but she has no furnishings and a ton of mediacl and other issues to deal with. Call Harry at 469-235-1258 if you can help.
The Mitchell's have graciously offered their home for the class Christmas party. It is believed that it will take place the second weekend of December. More details at the Thanksgiving feast this Sunday.
And until then, know that you are loved and blessed.
Stubie...
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment