The blog of the Families of Faith Sunday School Class
of Trietsch Memorial United Methodist Church

Monday, April 14, 2008

Amigos Days Hospitality

As you know, our class has volunteered to help with hospitality for Amigos Days. We are feeding 21-25 volunteers from Trietsch for two days. We’ll provide lunches from Jason’s on Friday the 25th. On Saturday, the 26th, we will provide sandwich fixings for people to make their own lunch. Jason’s will provide extra condiments & cutlery for that day too. We also need to provide snacks & drinks for both of those days. We collected $130 to cover the Jason's lunches & I have $50 more to spend on everything else. I don’t think that’ll quite cover everything, so here’s where my request comes in…

I HATE asking for donations from stores – it’s just not my thing. But if somebody doesn’t mind approaching Tom Thumb or Kroger, OR if someone has access to someone in the food industry that would donate either water bottles, cokes, fruit (apples, bananas, oranges), or cookies & chips, that’d be a great way to help me out. Another alternative is for class members to bring cases of water bottles, cokes, or chips to our classroom next Sunday for me to pick up. (We’re not having class because of the anniversary celebration, but you could drop off stuff down there.)


If someone is interested in baking cookies or brownies, you could do that & take them down to the choir room at church as early as Wednesday evening, the 23rd. Just have them wrapped up & labeled for Amigos Days. Let me know if you’ll do that so I’ll have that in mind when I shop.

If we do these things, I think we’ll get it covered. Please let me know how you want to help, & I’m happy to get everything to the church on those days. Thanks guys, y’all are the best!!!

Pam Michel
214-543-1143

No comments: